The features of a converting one-page website are those essential elements that are embedded in a one-page website to make it optimized for conversion. A one-page website is a long scrolling single layout web page with no additional pages (like Contact, Product, Services, About) that offer quick and understanding content with a simple design and also call to action. It is a single web document that shows everything a site has to offer
Since 2018, One-page websites have gained popularity stemming from mobile device browsing. It is a good strategy to adopt for businesses that want a concise and precise informative website for a streamlined conversion machine.
However, knowing what to add or remove from a one-page website is not an easy thing to do. So this article discusses the 8 essential features of a one-page website that will make the website become a converting one-page website. These features include:
- A Chronological Pattern that Guides the Visitor: A website’s structure plays a vital role in determining if the website will succeed or fail especially for a one-page website. Without an appropriate website structure web, visitors will be confused and ultimately leave the site, when they can’t find their way within the site. So adopting a linear structure is optimal and the most important feature for this type of website. Spend time to decide how the order of arrangement for the various sections on your page should be that takes the users through various series of content/images to influence their decision to take the final step to click your call to action button. This makes your website take your users on a journey from beginning to end without them getting lost in between.
- A Quick and Clear Define Goal of the Website: It is crucial to quickly identify and clearly state the objective of the one-page website. This will determine the content and design of the website to achieve a single targeted objective that your audience will love. It is important to convey a single goal for a one-page website with an attractive and engaging web copy. Use bold headlines to capture your viewer’s attention and encourage them to scroll down to the end. Make the content easy to understand and appealing to your audience. Avoid huge blocks of text anywhere on the one-page website.
- A Visible and Essential Primary Call to Action Button: Not including or making your call to action visible will make the one-page website less functional for conversion optimisation. Your call to action button is your first step to a conversion stage as it helps to fulfil the objective of the website’s goal. It helps to increase conversions and engage visitors when placed in a noticeable position. This makes your users determine what you want them to do.
- A Simplified Navigation for Smooth Transition: Provide a clear navigation bar at the left-hand side or the top of the page or a ‘back to the top page’ button. Keep the navigation button as a floating menu that is visible at all times. This will enable the user to easily navigate to any section of their choice without scrolling back to the top page. You can add page animations ( page scroll, background and image link hover scroll) as a transitional marker to show your users a clear boundary between sections and what to expect in the next section.
- A Concise Description of Your Products and Services: Failing to add the descriptions of your products and services will make the majority of your site’s visitors not convert. When adding the description of your core products and services, make it concise and precise matching the overall objective of the page and page space. Having a concise and clear description of your products and services makes your target audience find you and makes your audience see that you are offering a particular solution to their proposed challenge.
- A Simplified Contact Information: Create a section with details on how your users can reach or contact you. This enables your users to reach you when necessary and also retain them as potential customers on your website. It provides you with data for lead generation and makes your website more engaging. It will also help visitors convert from potential prospects to paying clients.
- Addition of Social Proof Markers: Add testimonials from existing clients, social media feeds or snippet links to media publications that show your value in the industry to gain your visitor’s trust. It also informs your visitors on what your business is about and what to expect when they do business with you. It enables you to showcase the impact of your products and services from people who have used them so that you can provide real value.
- The Use of Image Sliders: Using image sliders is a very effective tool to communicate more messages for a one-page website. Image slider allows you to share a variety of information to ignite the interest of the users. With an image slider, you can upload up to 20 images in a banner slider and it doesn’t take excessive webspace. You can use it to show the variety of products and services the business provides.
A single-page website needs to be optimised properly to meet the requirement of a functional website for it to achieve higher conversion rates. Are you looking for a reliable website company to build your one-page website? Then visit Da-Manager, we offer the best functional and organise single page website layout for your business optimisation using the essential features of a converting one-page website.
This article was originally published in 7 September 2021. It was most recently updated in November 25, 2022 by Wise